Sunday, 6 July 2014

Mummy Make Up Essentials



Since having Max I've really had to up my game on the old make up front especially as the sleepless nights have caused havoc on my skin. Here's a peak into what make up essentials every mummy needs to keep them looking fresh and beautiful. 


I was introduced to the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer by my sister and have never looked back. It's lightweight with a medium to high buildable coverage and it's also super hydrating which means there's no pesky creases. There's been a lot of hype over this concealer in the blogging world and I can see why.  

Next up is the Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturiser. I can't stand having foundation on my skin on a day to day basis so I always opt for a tinted moisturiser and this Chantecaille one doesn't disappoint. It has exceptional coverage, smoothes out those fine lines and also has SPH 15! Even though it's slightly on the pricey side I can't tell you how many compliments I get when I wear this.  


I was lucky enough to be given all of the real techniques brushes for my birthday and pretty much have fallen in love with all the brushes however on a day to day basis I tend to reach for these three brushes the most.

The Deluxe Crease Brush from the Starter set for eyes is used with my Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer I find it's the perfect size to apply my concealer and is easy to blend in. 

I love the shape of the Blush Brush and I find it incredibly easy to contour and apply my blusher, it also doesn't pack on the product which means I don't end up looking like a clown with tons of blusher on.

And then finally I use the Contour Brush from the Core Collection to apply my highlighter.


Talking about highlighters, I shopped my stash whilst pregnant I think I was having one of those bored maternity leave days and found this beauty MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle. It has a high frost metallic finish and highlights my cheeks, brows and the ridge of my nose for a dewy healthy finish to my made up face.

The blusher I am currently using is MAC Peaches I absolutely love this shade on my skin. I think it's the perfect shade for olive to dark skin tones. It livens up my dull tired skin and this blusher is an ESSENTIAL part of my make up routine. 


I really do love a lipstick but there's some days when I just fancy popping on a lip balm but a lip balm with a difference. These Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors create a smooth and shiny look with a tint that make your lips look younger and fuller. I love the applicator and find these lip balms a pleasure to use. I currently have two out of six shades and I'm sure I'll be picking up a few more for my collection. 

I would love to know what your Mummy make up essentials are so comment below!

Until next time x


5 comments :

  1. Such a lovely post! Am new to the #pbloggers world and i cannot wait to start talking to all the new mommies out there! These are the perfect essentials and i now i will need to stock up on concealers and highlighters before my lil one arrives <3 being in the second trimester my essentials are plenty of face moisturisers, palmers stretchmarks butter and lipbalm.

    you have a lovely blog, cannot wait for more posts!

    zara xx
    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you recommend NARS products? I'm on the fence about buying them!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog!
    My Mummy make-up essentials are those time-savers that make me look and feel more human as my newborn and toddler keep me very busy!! I love the CC Cream and It's a Long Story mascara both from Arbonne. The CC Cream is great when I'm in a rush as it primes, conceals, covers any blemishes and brightens my skin all at once. I then apply my all-time favourite mascara EVER and I'm good to go! This mascara really lengthens my lashes and the texture is unlike any other mascara I've used before it's very smooth and doesn't clog. Arbonne isn't sold in the high street shops. PM me at dawngittins@hotmail.com if interested to source.
    Dawn
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your products!! We'll have to do a make up shopping day when we meet up!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!! I'm due in January with my first so I'm sure this will come in super helpful when the bub arrives. Thanks for sharing xx

    You can find me over at www.emmabellefashion.co.uk if you fancy a cheeky read!

    ReplyDelete