Tuesday, 21 January 2014

28 Week Pregnancy Update





My feet seem to have disappeared! 

How far along
28 weeks 

Maternity clothes
Yes! I've started my hospital bag and I've so far purchased slippers, a nightgown, socks and underwear. My mum and I are going to JoJo Maman Bebe soon to buy my nursing bras and tops. The lovely Hannah Maggs recommended the Emma Jane bras so I will be buying a ton of those! I still have so much to buy for my bag.

I've also started the baby de Metz hospital bag and so far have mittens, socks, hats, sleep suits, nappies and water wipes. I still need a lot more. 

Stretch marks
No extra ones, thank god. 

Sleep
I have good nights and I have bad ones too. I get so hot at night it's kind of frustrating, one minute I'm hot and kicking the duvet off me then I get cold and want the duvet back. There's also a lot of tossing and turning and trying to find the most comfortable position. My hips and shoulders are so painful at the moment too from sleeping on only my left and right sides.

Best moment this week
I had my 28 week midwife appointment. My bump is measuring 30cm (2cm big) and baby's heartbeat is 140 beats, the midwife said the baby seemed very happy! Also my urine test was good too! The following day I was in the hospital for my glucose test and they also tested me for anaemia, I haven't heard anything back from the hospital so I'm assuming all is well and I don't have gestational diabetes or anaemia. Yay!

That evening we had our very first antenatal class. The first class was mostly about getting to know each other and we also touched on birth and the various different stages of labour and different coping mechanisms. We used sound, movement and breathing. Some of the stuff was airy fairy but I had a blast, it's made it real that this is something I will be going through but the class also made me really prepared and excited for what's to come. There were also three lovely couples who all live around the same area as we do which is nice. Our next class is tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it. 

Miss anything
At my 28 week appointment my midwife diagnosed me with pelvic girdle pain, which is so annoying and really painful and after my antenatal class I could barely walk I was in so much pain. I was going to call the hospital but I thought I'd sleep on it. I called the next day as I will still in pain and they said that they would refer me for physiotherapy. I have that appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping they can do something for me, maybe a bump band. 

Movement
I think the baby has flipped around and gone from head down to breech. I'm being kicked really low down and it actually really hurts. The baby is also pressing down on my bladder which is an absolute killer as I constantly need to be near a toilet! I've also noticed some parts of my bump are squidgy and others really hard, I'm assuming the hard parts of the bump is the baby. My sister got to feel the baby move this week, which I think made it more real for her, she also saw my bump erratically twinge too.

Food cravings
Chocolate and satsumas, both of which is most likely not helping with my heartburn and acid reflux.

Anything making you queasy or sick
The usual heartburn and acid reflux.

Gender
Surprise. 

Labour signs
None this week, although I did have what felt like period pains a couple of nights ago. 

Symptoms 
The list goes as follows.

Heartburn
Acid reflux
Shoulder and hip pain
I also have a dry scalp which is incredibly itchy
Swollen face, hands and feet.

Nice symptoms are my hair has grown so much! and my nails are also in great condition.

Belly button in or out
I thought it was going to pop out last week, but the baby's shifted position and it's now more of an inny than outy.

Wedding rings on or off
Off.

Happy or moody most of the time
A mixture of the two. Those pesky hormones have made an appearance this week and I have had meltdowns and crying sessions. Poor Freddie!

Looking forward to
My baby shower! It's more of an excuse to see my family and friends who I haven't seen in a while. I can't wait.


2 comments :

  1. I think that this is such a lovely idea to blog about your pregnancy as it's such a special time. My older sister is about to give birth to my second nephew this week and I know that she's really enjoyed her pregnancy this time. I'd love to do something like this too when I'm pregnant in the future. You have a lovely blog by the way
    Asia x
    http://asiajade1996.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Asia :) I love writing my blog! x

      Delete